- Satoshi Nakamoto Bitcoin created in 2008. Satoshi Nakamoto is a pseudonym for the real bitcoin creator. The entire world is trying to solve the mystery of his true identity. Up until today, the founder of Bitcoin remain anonymous.
- Every day approximately 3,600 new Bitcoins are produced.
- You can buy pieces of Bitcoin (and other cryptos), you do not need to buy 1 whole coin. Each crypto has it’s own mining limits. For example, 84 million Litecoins can be mined, where as only 21 Bitcoins can be mined.
- For the first 5 years, the price cryptocurrency – Bitcoin, grew from $ 0 to $ 1,000.
- The first commercial success of Bitcoin is Silk Road. On this site, work in TOR network, users were able to buy illegal goods, drugs and weapons. Bitcoin, because of its anonymous nature, was the only means of payment within the Silk Road.
- Lamborghini was the first automotive company in the world, which dealers began to accept Bitcoin.
- Virgin Atlantic also accepts Bitcoin.
- Bitcoin dominates the cryptocurrency market. But alternative coins (known as Altcoins) are rising fast. Ripple, Dash, Tron, Monero are having explosive growths.
Home Cryptocurrency Cryptocurrency Fast Facts You Need to Know